The DASH highway has a total length of 20.1 km with 13 interchanges. It provides connectivity to several expressways in the Klang Valley including Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE), New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE), Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP) and Penchala Link, SPRINT Expressway. IEN Consultants was engaged to make the highway green. After initial discussion of applying the newly developed MyGHI (Malaysia Green Highway Index) for the full length of the highway, it was eventually decided to limit the scope to green building index (GBI) certification for the all the buildings included in the three toll plazas [TP1, TP2 and TP3] along the highway.
Innovative Sustainability Features
• Overall thermal transfer value (OTTV): 21.21 W/m2
• > 50% improvement in energy performance as compared to MS1525 baseline.
• Solar photovoltaic (PV) system with capacity of 40.04 kWp.
• Use of energy efficient, inverter type air-conditioning split unit (ACSU) which can be controlled remotely using smartphones.
• Highly efficient LED lights incorporated with photo sensors and motion sensors.
• Low VOC & no-added formaldehyde interior finishes application.
• High solar reflectance index (SRI) insulated double roof.
• Rainwater harvesting system for landscape irrigation & toilet flushing.
• Building Management System (BMS) to monitor the energy consumption, water usage, solar energy yield and rainwater harvested, with maximum demand (MD) analytic capabilities.
• BMS is linked to real time displays at office, highway overhead LED screen, layby highway information system & traveler information system for public awareness.
• Provision of electric vehicle (EV) charging station & priority parking.
• > 50% score in Industrialized Building System (IBS).
• Provision of compost bins to replace > 50% of fertilizer needs.
Certifications & Awards
GBI Silver (DA), 2022