Hospital Wanita dan Kanak Kanak
The Sabah Women's and Children's Hospital (HWKKS) aka Hospital Likas with a site area of 25.05 acres came into through from the purchase of a private hospital Sabah Medical Center (SMC), which was in a sale and purchase agreement on March 03, 2003. HWKKS is located 7.8km from the city of Kota Kinabalu and is a hospital expert level in Likas district. The renaming ceremony of Hospital Likas to Sabah Women's and Children's Hospital was held on 9 August 2009.
Innovative Sustainability Features
1. An Energy Star rating of 100 is achieved, making the hospital a top performer under the Energy Star Portfolio Manager with an Energy Utilization Index (EUI) of 2.28GJ/m2, which is 68% lower than the median EUI (7.16GJ/m2) of hospitals in the US.
2. Energy Management System with tracking and monitoring of energy consumption and chiller plant optimization capabilities.
3. Achieved an Alternative Transportation Rate of 36.49% - this takes into consideration the reduced transport impact achieved from employees that live within the hospital grounds/ quarters, reducing the needs for daily commute.
4. Native and low maintenance landscaping comprises 40% of the total site area.
5. 38% reduction in indoor water use against the EPA baseline with the use of efficient water fittings and harvested rainwater for flushing.
6. 87% reduction in outdoor water use against the US EPA baseline through the selection of native, low water demand plant species, and the use of harvested rainwater for irrigation purposes.
Certifications & Awards
1st existing green hospital in Sabah to receive LEED v4 O+M GOLD level certification (existing building certification)